Decision Support Systems
Colorado’s Decision Support Systems
Colorado’s Decision Support Systems (CDSS) are water management systems being developed by the CWCB and the Division of Water Resources
(DWR) for each of Colorado’s major water basins. The goals of CDSS are to:
- Develop accurate, user-friendly databases that are helpful in the administration and allocation of waters of the State of Colorado.
- Provide data, tools and models to evaluate alternative water administration strategies, which can maximize utilization of available resources in all types of hydrologic conditions.
- Be a functional system that can be used by decision makers and others and be maintained and upgraded by the state.
- Promote information sharing among government agencies and water users.
Please visit the CDSS Website
for further information. A CDSS overview and training materials also are available for download
Questions? Contact Andy Moore
, 303-866-3441 x3229
CDSS Map Viewer
The CDSS Map Viewer is an online, interactive map that allows users to view spatial data developed under the CDSS. Types of data available on the Map Viewer include:
- Point features, such as diversion structures, wells, stream gages and climate stations
- Irrigated parcels
- Streams, lakes, instream flow reaches and aquifer boundaries
- County and State Engineer’s Office division boundaries
To access the Map Viewer, please visit the CDSS Website