, Section Chief
Linda oversees the implementation of the Colorado Instream Flow and Natural Lake Level Program, which includes new instream flow water right appropriations, legal and physical protection of the Board’s instream flow water rights, and acquisitions of water for instream flow use by the Board. Linda also is responsible for the development of legislation, policies and rules related to the Program, and education and outreach activities related to the Program.
, Deputy Section Chief
Jeff manages the New Appropriation and Physical Protection program areas, and is responsible for the scientific aspects of the Instream Flow (ISF) Program. He also works with state and federal agencies, conservation interests and private, non-profit groups to identify streamflow protection opportunities. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Providing science and hydrology expertise
- Managing the CWCB stream gaging program
- Providing training, outreach and education
- Overseeing the section's budget and planning
, Senior Water Resource Specialist
Kaylea manages the Legal Protection and Acquisition program areas, and coordinates with the Attorney General's Office to provide legal guidance for the state's Instream Flow Program. She also works with state and federal agencies, conservation interests and private, non-profit groups to identify streamflow protection opportunities. In addition, Kaylea reviews new water right applications to prevent injury to instream flow water rights. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Reviewing water court resumes
- Managing settlement negotiations/litigation of opposed cases
- Providing rules, regulations and legislative analysis
- Serving as the Attorney General's Office liaison
- Providing program and legislative history
, Water Resource Engineer
Don is responsible for engineering analyses related to Legal Protection, New Appropriation and Acquisition of instream flow water rights. Don manages the section's engineering studies through internal analysis and outside contracting. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Overseeing water resource engineering studies and contracts
- Providing engineering support and expert testimony
Brandy is responsible for reviewing and processing recommendations for new Instream Flow Appropriations in accordance with ISF statutes and rules. This position is also the Section's liaison to the Statewide Water Supply Investigation (SWSI) Recreational and Environmental Resources roundtable. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Working with new appropriations
- Resolving contested appropriations
- Providing stakeholder outreach and notification
, Water Resource Specialist
Rob is responsible for reviewing and processing recommendations for new Instream Flow Appropriations and Acquisitions in accordance with ISF Statutes and Rules. He is also responsible for legal and physical protection program support. Areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting new appropriations and acquisitions
- Providing legal and physical protection support
- Helping with hydrologic analyses and studies
Jack is responsible for addressing the hydrographic needs of the Stream and Lake Protection Section with regard to physical protection and monitoring, and for meeting other stream gaging needs of the CWCB. He collaborates with both the Division of Water Resources and United States Geological Survey regarding agency stream gaging issues, and is the section's liaison with the Division Engineers and their staff on instream flow monitoring, protection and administration matters.
, Instream Flow Program Assistant
Kim is responsible for water court case management in the Legal Protection, Acquisition, and New Appropriation program areas for the Stream and Lake Protection Section. Her other duties include:
- Coordinating with the Attorney General’s Office regarding on-going active litigation.
- Preparing letters, legal notices, memos and agreements.
- Drafting materials for CWCB Board meetings.
- Assisting with design and management the database for the Section.
- Manages water court case files, and
- Maintains the archival system for the Section.