A meeting of the CWCB will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 commencing at 9:00 AM and continuing through Thursday, September 19, 2019. The meeting will be held at Rio Grande Water Conservation District Office 8805 Independence Way Alamosa, CO. 81101.
There will be a Finance Meeting held on Tuesday, September 17, 2019,
commencing at 11:00a.m. at the San Luis Water Conservancy District Office 623 Fourth St. Alamosa, CO 81101.
The CWCB posts notice 30 days in advance of each regularly scheduled meeting. Notices for special meetings are posted on the website typically within five business days and not less than 24 hours of such a meeting. Notices of regular and special meetings may also be received by email. To receive notices by email please visit: https://dnrweb.state.co.us/DNR/DNRPortal/Login.aspx
Although dates and times are indicated in this notice and in the following agenda, the CWCB may address and take action on noticed items in any order. Any known changes to the agenda will be announced at the beginning of the meeting. This notice, any late notice(s) of additional items, and briefing memos prepared for the CWCB will be posted at 1313 Sherman Street, Suite 721, Denver, CO 80203, and on our website at www.cwcb.state.co.us
The CWCB’s meetings are made available through live audio streaming on YouTube, although Board workshops are not. To listen to the proceedings, click the “Listen to the meeting LIVE!” link on the CWCB website homepage and select the link for the proper day and time. The link will be posted just prior to the start of the meeting.
The CWCB encourages citizens to express their views and provide feedback to the Board on the agenda items. This can be done by sending an email to Viola.Bralish@state.co.us
, by sending a letter to a Board member or to the Chair of the Board, or by attending the meeting. If you attend a meeting, simply fill out a comment sheet and give it to the Board Coordinator at the recording station. The Board will appreciate hearing your views when it reaches that agenda item. If you have any questions, need special accommodations as a result of a disability, or require further information on any CWCB activity, please contact Viola Bralish at 303-866-3441, ext. 3206. All programs, services, and activities of the CWCB are operated in compliance with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Thursday, September 19, 2019
CWCB Consent Agenda September 18-19, 2019
Matters may be placed on the Consent Agenda when the recommended action follows established policy or precedent, there has been a negotiated settlement, or the matter is uncontested and non-controversial. Staff provides memos to CWCB members explaining the matters on the Consent Agenda. Matters on the Consent Agenda are noticed for hearing in the same manner as other agenda items. If a member of the CWCB requests further consideration of an item on the Consent Agenda, the item will be withdrawn from the Consent Agenda and discussed at the end of the meeting or at the next meeting. The Consent Agenda may be voted on without reading or discussing individual items. Any CWCB member may request clarification about any matter on the Consent Agenda.
1. Statements of Opposition
Stream & Lake Protection Section
The Board will be asked to ratify Statements of Opposition that have been filed by staff to protect instream flow and natural lake level water rights and to protect CWCB’s exclusive authority to hold instream flow water rights in the following water court cases:
- Case No. 19CW3036 (Water Division 2): Application of Lower Arkansas Water Management Association
- Case No. 19CW3034 (Water Division 4): Application of Dalwhinnie Group LLC
- Case No. 19CW3063 (Water Division 5): Application of M&M Industries Inc.
- Case No. 19CW3070 (Water Division 5): Application of Neal Shear and Jacqueline Shear
2. Authorization to Proceed to Trial
Stream & Lake Protection Section
For the following resolved case, the Board will be asked to authorize staff to proceed to trial if necessary to ensure consistency with the settlement terms included in its stipulation with applicant:
- Case No. 16CW3103 (Water Division 2): Application of Pueblo Board of Water Works.
3. Floodplain Designations
Watershed and Flood Protection Section
- “Flood Insurance Study, City and County of Broomfield”, by FEMA, dated August 2019
- “Flood Insurance Study, Boulder County, Colorado and Incorporated Areas”, by FEMA, dated August 2019
- “Flood Insurance Study, Pitkin County, Colorado and Incorporated Areas”, by FEMA, dated August 2019
- “Flood Insurance Study, Pueblo County, Colorado and Incorporated Areas”, by FEMA, dated August 2019
- “Flood Insurance Study, Las Animas County, Colorado and Incorporated Areas”, by FEMA, dated August 2019
- “Colorado Hazard Mapping Program, Hydraulic Analysis – Volume 2, Technical Support Data Notebook for the Big Thompson Watershed”, by AECOM, dated March 2018.